These PowerPoint timed tests were created by Dave Elgin. Each set of tests is aimed at a different level, one for each of years S1 through to S4. The materials are relevant to pupils following a National Qualification course at Standard Grade level.
All the material for S1 and S2 would be suitable for pupils at all levels.
Please read the teachers’ notes first to find out how to use the tests and how to obtain solutions. Each zip file contains 36 PowerPoint tests, each with 10 questions. Each question is timed to take 2 or 3 minutes and the on-screen clock indicates to pupils how much time is left – please note it does not change until one minute has elapsed.
Curriculum area / Subject
- Standard Grade (Mathematics)
- Intermediate 2 (Mathematics)
Level / Stage
- Intermediate 2
StatusCurrently In Use
Advice to Users
Users should check that documents conform with current SQA Arrangements.
- Word file: Mathematics - Multi-level - Non Calculator Tests - Teachers' Notes (60 KB)
- Zip file: Maths Non Calculator Tests 1 (976 KB)
- Zip file: Maths Non Calculator Tests 2 (677 KB)
- Zip file: Maths Non Calculator Tests 3 (568 KB)
- Zip file: Maths Non Calculator Tests 4 (561 KB)
- Word file: Mathematics - Multi-level - Non Calculator Tests - Record Sheet (45 KB)
- PPT file: Mathematics - Multi Level - Template for 2 Minute Questions (47 KB)
- PPT file: Mathematics - Standard Grade - Template for 3 Minute Questions (33 KB)
ISBN / CodeONL063
This advice and guidance has been produced to support the profession with the delivery of courses which are either new or which have aspects of significant change within the new national qualifications (NQ) framework.
The advice and guidance provides suggestions on approaches to learning and teaching. Practitioners are encouraged to draw on the materials for their own part of their continuing professional development in introducing new national qualifications in ways that match the needs of learners.
Practitioners should also refer to the course and unit specifications and support notes issued by the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
© Crown copyright 2012. You may re-use this information (excluding logos) free of charge in any format or medium, under the terms of the Open Government Licence.
To view this licence, visit http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/ or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.