This advice and guidance is intended to provide some ideas to support the teaching of the Analysis and Evaluation Unit in National 4 and 5 English. In this unit, learners must read a text and show that they are able to understand, analyse and evaluate it. In doing so, they will use the thinking skills of applying, analysing and evaluating.
Curriculum area / Subject
- Analysis and Evaluation (National 4 English)
- Analysis and Evaluation (National 5 English)
Level / Stage
- National 4
- National 5
Date30 April 2012
StatusCurrently In Use
TypeNQ Support Materials
NQ Course material
Advice to Users
Users should check that documents conform with current SQA Arrangements.
- Word file: English Reading Skills: Analysis and Evaluation Unit - Advice and Guidance for Outcome 1 (937 KB)
- PowerPoint file: Techniques in advertising - WWF (747 KB)
- PowerPoint file: Techniques in advertising - Irn Bru (209 KB)
- PowerPoint file: The Flowers by Alice Walker - Analysis and Evaluation Unit (299 KB)
This advice and guidance has been produced to support the profession with the delivery of courses which are either new or which have aspects of significant change within the new national qualifications (NQ) framework.
The advice and guidance provides suggestions on approaches to learning and teaching. Practitioners are encouraged to draw on the materials for their own part of their continuing professional development in introducing new national qualifications in ways that match the needs of learners.
Practitioners should also refer to the course and unit specifications and support notes issued by the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
© Crown copyright 2012. You may re-use this information (excluding logos) free of charge in any format or medium, under the terms of the Open Government Licence.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.