Holocaust Memorial Day provides an opportunity for everyone to learn lessons from the Holocaust, Nazi persecution and subsequent genocides and apply them to the present day to create a safer, better future.
On the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz concentration camp, share the memory of the millions who were murdered in the Holocaust, those that survived and subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur in order to challenge hatred and persecution in the UK today.
- Kindertransport: Escaping the Holocaust
A resource exploring Kindertransport, the rescue mission to save Jewish children living in countries under Nazi control.
- Holocaust and genocide learning experience
Explore the Holocaust and genocide learning experience in the new Glow. Focusing on survivor stories, there is a collection of video content, audio files and a number of learning tasks/intentions to engage learners in their study of this topic. (Glow log-in required)
- Holocaust Memorial Day Trust - The Legacy of Hope
Information, news and resources about the international Holocaust Memorial Day - 27 January.
- A Teacher’s Guide to the Holocaust
- An overview of the people and events of the Holocaust through photographs, documents, art, music, movies, and literature.
- Holocaust Educational Trust - Recollections
‘Eyewitnesses Remember the Holocaust’ resource.
- Holocaust Teacher Resource Center
This American site strives to combat prejudice and bigotry by transforming the horrors of the Holocaust into positive lessons. There are a wide range of downloadable resources.
- Jewish Council for Racial Equality
- JCORE works to promote a positive multi-ethnic UK free from all forms of racism.
Section of the Education Scotland Testimony website with information about Judaism, its central teachings, and the people who practise it.
- Lessons from Auschwitz Project
The Holocaust Educational Trust's 'Lessons from Auschwitz' project for sixth-form students and their teachers includes a one-day visit to the former Nazi extermination camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau in Poland.
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum - For Educators
The site uses photographs, maps, audio clips and images of artifacts. In the teachers section, there are guidelines and resources.
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum - International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Information about International Holocaust Remembrance Day, 27 January.
- The Holocaust Educational Trust
- The Holocaust Educational Trust aims to educate young people from every background about the Holocaust and the important lessons to be learned for today.
- The Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies
The Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies is based at University of Minnesota. This website also offers a variety of teaching resources and offers ideas for teachers.
- BBC - Search - Anne Frank
The BBC website has many resources relating to the life of Anne Frank.