A collection of resources to help teachers, students and parents prepare for exams.
Find general information and advice, plus subject-specific revision resources.
- Exam timetable 2014
Learners can create and view their own personal exam timetable using the Scottish Qualification Authority's online timetable builder.
- Your Exams 2014
- This SQA booklet tells learners what to expect and what to do, and how they will receive their results and their certificate.
- Revision in a Nutshell subject guides
Revision guides to 20 of the most popular subjects at National 5: Biology; Business Management; Chemistry; Classical Studies; Computing Science; Design and Manufacture; Drama; Engineering Science; English; French; Geography; German; Graphic Communication; Health and Food Technology; History; Mathematics; Modern Studies; Physics; Religious, Moral and Philsophical Studies; and Spanish.
- BBC Bitesize
Revision tools from the BBC for students studying for Scottish and English qualifications.
- SQA: Past question papers
- SQA from where you can download National Qualification question papers for Intermediates, Highers and Advanced Highers - completely free of charge.
- National 5 specimen question papers
These illustrate what the National 5 exams will look like, what candidates are expected to do, and how SQA will mark them.
Dealing with stress
- PDF file: Childline - Beat Exam Stress
- Childline has produced a leaflet about how to beat exam stress. It has tips on how to revise and useful information to help you get ready for your exams.
- Beat exam stress
- Part of the NHS Live Well section, this advice on helping teenagers cope with exam stress is aimed at parents and carers.
- SQA Study Guides
SQA Study Guides are designed to help candidates prepare for their exams no matter what subject they are studying.
- Study Skills
- Young people can learn how to become effective learners and how to manage their own learning with this new interactive resource. The section for 15-18-year-olds has activities on how to make the most of lectures, how to revise for exams, and how to explore different styles and strategies for learning.
- BBC Brainsmart (Scotland)
Find out about the 100 billion brain cells that make you the person you are. Learn about maximising memory, boosting motivation and making plans that really work.