Education Scotland is committed to producing websites and web resources that can be accessed by all users.
Accessible features on the Education Scotland website
- Standard layout and navigation structure across the Education Scotland website.
- Alternative textual descriptions for images.
- Capacity for users to resize the text using the resize option in their browser.
- Capacity for users to skip directly to the content area of the page.
- Headings and paragraphs on pages which aid navigation with alternative browsers.
- Text for links that make sense when read out of context.
- Breadcrumb trail to help with navigation within a section of the site.
- Site maps that provide an overview of the website structure and organisation.
- Cascading style sheets (CSS) are used for visual layout and presentation.
- Relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified 'text size' option in visual browsers.
- Content that can be still be read even if your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all.
Technical complianceThe Education Scotland web pages are built to these industry standards:
- Pages are Bobby AA approved, complying with all Priority 1 and 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Pages validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- Stylesheets on this site validate as CSS.
Let us know about your accessibility experience
We strive to ensure this website is as accessible as possible. If you do find any accessibility problems that affect or prevent your use of the website, please contact us and we will address the problem as soon as possible.